JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sales Advisor will be a liaison between Abarca and the client in everything related to Sales activities. This role will support Abarca clients in gaining new business and will position both organizations for long term growth. The Sales Advisor will serve as a consultant to clients regarding industry trends, opportunities for improvements and as an expert in Abarca’s capabilities and innovative solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support RFP response cycle
• Product Development Support including:
o In-depth analysis of marketplace trends
o Keep up to date on competitor advantages and disadvantages
o Identify, evaluate, develop and execute client custom programs
o Provide relevant industry and competitive information to clients that promotes growth
o Identify and propose opportunities for improvement and retention strategies
o Identify emerging trends in the market by attending conferences, building strong relationships with brokers/consultants and clients
o Group performance and trends
o Prepare cost comparisons and savings analysis
o Analyze data and provide clients insight, findings and recommendations
o Prepare utilization and disruption analysis
o Ad hoc and periodic reports
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor or Master’s (preferred) Degree in Business, Math, or a related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
• 6+ years’ relevant work experience.
• Knowledge of Health Insurance Sales operations
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail, customer service focus, excellent presentation skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• You can communicate effectively (read, write, speak, daydream, argue, flatter, chatter, etc.) in English and Spanish.
• Computer proficiency, knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) products, and Internet experience (basic digital skills you’ll use on a daily basis).
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING & LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• Certificate of No Penal record.
• HIPAA, both Security & Privacy; Confidentiality, & Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)*
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a large part of the work day.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access other employees, file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• An employee must be able to talk, hear, and see, and must be able to grasp objects.
• Visual acuity is necessary in order to read and write handwritten and typewritten materials and view a computer terminal.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer). Use of hands (specifically fingers) is necessary for appropriate and efficient computer use.
• Must be able to lift a minimum 10 pounds.
abarca health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in the job application or interview are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test, background investigation and, depending on position requirements, an analytical exam and/or a Department of Defense background investigation.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at abarca health, LLC.