- What you’ll do
- What you’re made of
In a few words…
A Project & Process Improvement Manager is personally invested in the game, so to speak; the outcome of their assignments speaks volumes of their capacities, makes or breaks their impetus, or whatever strange attractor propels them forward relentlessly in their continued search and pursuit of project perfection. If your hat is in the ring, welcome to the best opportunity ever to show your true mettle. As Project & Process Improvement Manager you will manage approved projects of a complex nature, from conception through completion, including scope, time and budget, following abarca health’s Project Management methodology. You will have overall accountability for each assigned project and you will documents status, agreements and “learnings” from all meetings and presentations. As PM you’ll hone many skills, including a talent for lighting small fires under people and getting out of dodge before the burn begins. This role is ideal for those who like being near the control panel, who know how to share the credit while taking the responsibility.
The fundamentals for the job…
- In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing multiple medium-sized projects or 1-3 highly complex large-sized projects.
- You are to be in charge of overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project work efforts.
- You’ll establish and implement management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet expectations.
- You get to define the scope, develop plans, manage milestones, develop and carry out appropriate communication plans with stakeholders; you also develop relationships with cross functional partners and align project timelines to ensure they are completed meeting stakeholder needs.
- Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, direct and monitor work on a daily basis, identify resources needed, perform quality reviews, and escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately.
- Keep track of key milestones and adjust plans and/or resources to meet customer needs.
- Schedule and monitor project deliverables.
- Coordinate communication with all areas that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the project.
- Manage and update project plan using Microsoft Project tool and keep team informed of status and deliverables.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly progress reports to management, as needed.
- Work in tandem with other teams to automate processes, improve functionality, identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement, and drive advances that impact both, the team’s performance as well as the client expecting deliverables.
- Provide education, training and presentation of project updates, new processes and tools for users.
- Be generally amazing and awesome to the point that people want to work projects of which you are in charge.
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Engineering, Business or Economics, plus 2-5 years of relevant work experience in consulting, engineering, project management managing teams. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- PMI Credential (PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, or PMI-RMP) is a plus, and experience in health insurance or PBM setting managing projects is a super plus.
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, speak, write, argue, dream, snap back wittily and beyond) in English and Spanish.
- Strong computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office products and extensive experience using Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project tools and Project Server is a plus.
- Highly desirable: experience leading cross-functional initiatives, driving performance and executing on deliverables while leveraging collaboration tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills (you get through to people), strong organizational skills (you get through the mess and can outline the mass behind the muddle); a natural problem-solver with analytical mind-set and sharp critical thinking skills. Your attention to detail is freaky.
- Your focus on customer service is strong. The force is with you.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Assertive: You are self-possessed and trusting of your ability to run things correctly. An inner compass guides you and fills you with the feeling you are making the right decisions. You stand out as a confident individual, which some interpret as thinking very highly of yourself. You’ll be the first one to agree with that interpretation.
- Driven: You know how to juggle/manage multiple priorities without missing deadlines. You measure yourself against everyone, and strive to win first place in everything.
- Influencer: You are a born persuader. At ease managing prospects, you know how and when to push collaborators and followers.
- Solution seeker: You are an action figure brought to life; you don’t give up easily, not even when it’s obvious you’re barking up the wrong tree.
- Strategic: People like you, who are strategic, set a vision and devise alternative ways to proceed. In any given scenario, you quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues. Plus, you always win at Pairs.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the rol