In a few words…
As Software Engineer II you would be responsible for participating in the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and automatization of critical business processes for the Company and its internal and external clients. You will work to automate processes that allow for the exchange of data within the Company and between the Company and its external partners / clients. If this sounds like something you can and want to do, and you would like to do it in a place that’s forward thinking, still growing and full of high-quality people like yourself, we’re waiting to hear from you!
The fundamentals for the job…
- You’ll be collaborating with talented analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs, applications and tools.
- You’ll be writing, translating and coding software programs, applications, tools, and prototypes according to specifications.
- Someone has to oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution, and that would be you.
- You’d be also the one running and monitoring performance tests on new and existing software for the purpose of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to design interactive software tools for internal and external deployment, including platforms to create reports, manipulate and interact with data, submit information and connect with users.
- Researching, investigating, and staying at the forefront of technology is an important part of the job (Software Development, Hardware, Programming Languages, etc.).
- We’d like you to administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
- You’ll be determining, developing, and maintaining user manuals and guidelines. Not everything can be exciting.
- You’ll be writing and/or deleting programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company website and web applications as necessary.
- Business Process Automatization is the main thing you’ll work on.
- You’ll direct research on emerging applications’ software development products, languages and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- You would develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives.
- You would work closely with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and users to understand Business and Client needs and create optimal software and technology solutions to address those needs. For all of the above and the stuff we simply couldn’t include because it’s too much, we say please and thank you. We take pride in being civilized for the most part.
What you are made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- You bring 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering/Development (much preferred).
- Experience working with Visual SourceSafe and Microsoft’s .Net Framework.
- A minimum 3-4 years of experience with SQL Server, Database Design, T-SQL and Stored Procedures (Database replication is a +plus+).
- You know your way around Object‐Oriented languages and Design Patterns.
- It’d be awesome (another plus+) if you brought knowledge of the Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit Management industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations.
- You are able to communicate effectively (read, write, speak, argue, code and beyond) in English and Spanish.
- What else? You’re great thinking analytically, strategically and critically. Accountability is your middle name. You are also adept at planning. You have DNA that spells software and business development. You are aware debugging is never quite done. You shine, and help others shine, when working in teams. You are also detail oriented with a customer-service focus and managing a team is a breeze for you.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Innovator: People like you are the birth parents of unexpected ideas, with a factory of genius that doesn’t run out. Fascinated with possibilities you are, in turn, a fascinating creature yourself. You either plainly see or otherwise figure out the connections between seemingly disparate phenomena (à la A beautiful mind).
- Logical: Logic is your middle name, as you are relentless in the search for reasons, causes and effects. Unencumbered by excessive sentimentality, you can think about all the factors that affect a situation. To you, things must be logical or they are nonsense.
- Master cross-collaborator: You are skilled at working across multiple departments, businesses and personnel. Also, you can apparently be in two places at once.
- System thinker: You believe there's a connection among all things. For you, there are few coincidences and almost every event has a reason, even when it never becomes clear.
- Team Player: You are detail-oriented to the nth degree, but you also manage to see the big picture. A “relatable” individual who gets a deep satisfaction from working hard with others to achieve any goal.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what t