Integration Engineer I
- What you’ll do
- What you’re made of
In a few words…
We think we can integrate something better into your job search, something integral to your well-being to impact your life beyond giving you X amount of integers: it’s a great opportunity as Integration Engineer I where you’ll incorporate many of your strengths and interests. If this sounds too good to be true, we’ll be upfront that the job demands about 2,080 hours per year. You may as well know that other people would be working with you and sometimes they will insist in getting to know you and developing friendly and productive working relationships. If that’s not your thing, you can’t say the description wasn’t candid. Moreover, you’ll have to use your skills, develop new ones and rise up to challenges. Other than that, it’s quite awesome.
What would you be doing? Well, as our Integration Engineer I, you would be responsible for the design, development and delivery of data from operational systems and files into a staging area, databases, Data Warehouse, downstream Data Marts and files. As Integration Engineer I, you will implement quality logical and optimized physical designs to meet the operational performance requirements for our solutions and products. This includes the implementation of sound architecture, design and development standards. You need to have the proper prior experience to design the optimal performance strategy, and manage the technical metadata across all ETL jobs. (For the record, we apologize for all the friendly people with whom you’ll have to put up.)
The fundamentals for the job…
- You will aid in the design, development and support of ETL components through SSIS and other ETL tools, which will be used to move large amounts of data from source data and software application data stores into the optimized operational databases.
- You will design & develop (D&D) SQL queries and reports to validate target data against source data.
- Perform peer code reviews and make recommendations (remember those friendly working relationships? This is one time where they come into play.)
- Develop test cases for all development work.
- Provide operational support and maintenance.
- Enhance and remediate current environment.
- You would also be tuning the ETL processes through the creation of technical and system specification documents necessary to support said ETL processes. You will participate in development and execution of unit and system test plans.
- You would translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
- As stated, you would have to work closely with Infrastructure Analysts and Developers. (If it´s any consolation, you don’t have to like them, even if they seem to really enjoy working with you; we simply ask that you are civilized.)
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise designing high volume repeatable ETL processes in a Large Data Volume environment, developing very complex data transformations.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL Server T-SQL database development (SSIS, data modeling, stored procedures, functions and query optimization).
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2014.
- Technical knowledge of structured query language (SQL) and relational database management systems.
- You should be customer-service oriented and have a knack for critical and analytical thinking.
- You must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing.
- You should also communicate effectively (read, write, speak, daydream, argue, code, hack, etc.) in English and Spanish.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Analytical: You value the power of context & enjoy examining the past. You understand the present by analyzing events leading up to it. This method of cold and calculated thinking helps you get things done when everyone else freaks out.
- Assertive: You are self-possessed and trusting of your ability to run things correctly. An inner compass guides you and fills you with the feeling you are making the right decisions. You stand out as a confident individual, which some interpret as thinking very highly of yourself. You’ll be the first one to agree with that interpretation.
- Driven: You know how to juggle/manage multiple priorities without missing deadlines. You measure yourself against everyone, and strive to win first place in everything.
- Influencer: You are a born persuader. At ease managing prospects, you know how and when to push collaborators and followers.
- Solution seeker: You are an action figure brought to life when it comes to solving a situation; you don’t give up, even when it’s evident you’re barking up the wrong tree. In the end, you always find an answer that works.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.