In a few words…
As our Analytics Specialist Deux (okay, fine, Analytics Specialist II), you will be awesome and reliable in providing smart assessments by playing a key role across the full project lifecycle for Health Analytics projects; from analyzing business requirements, up to developing, testing, deploying, training, and supporting users on analytics solutions that meet those requirements, you get to analyze it all to your heart’s content. Other duties will include the analysis of data to provide insight and recommendations for business decisions and the performance of data validation to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of analytic models. This role will be an integral component of the organization's Health Intelligence department, delivering valuable information by way of Intelligence and Informatics, and providing direct support to diverse internal departments such as Client & Pharmacy Partnerships, Clinical, Finance and Members.
The fundamentals for the job…
- For starters, you will analyze data from healthcare claims to assess trend performance and investigate potential operational and clinical opportunities.
- Perform root-cause analysis of issues identified in reports; this will require a comprehensive understanding of overall business (obviously).
- Communicate results to clients and staff (so much the better if you make it interesting and engaging, and more power to you for being effective). Communication of results includes well-organized presentations (both, oral and written, and in hieroglyphics if possible) reflecting analytic methods used, key decision points and sufficient detail to support comprehension of the analysis.
- Report/Query testing and development.
- Collaborate closely in all aspects of projects with stakeholders (business analysts, subject matter experts, and all client levels) to develop key Decision Support initiatives. Your ability to work in a collaborative environment with a wide variety of developers and analysts should be the stuff of legends.
- Develop proper processes for data collection, data mining, data standardization and analytics; initiate data management and identify proper use of analytics tools. Don’t be too surprised if, at the end of the first year, you answer to “Data”.
- You combine business knowledge and technical expertise to assist customers, and evaluate or manage business issues through (again) data.
- Partner with BI team to define and support functional and/or architectural requirements for information delivery: participate and sometimes lead the planning, design, and creation of both, standard and ad-hoc reports, Dashboards and Scorecards.
- Ensure projects’ data integrity, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis. Verify the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of data warehouse information. Data, data, data.
- Work with business owners and technical resources to identify and handle any quality issues that may arise.
- Provide production support to end users based on the timeless fashion of timeliness.
- Work closely with the BI team to determine appropriate data warehouse architecture and data modeling designs in order to maximize benefits.
- You will be amazing (within human limitations, of course), awesome and trustworthy, always willing provide support with your great talent for accurate analysis.
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor or Master’s (preferred) degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistical Analysis, Healthcare Management or a closely related field, and 4+ years’ experience in a role requiring information analysis & various forms of report deliverables. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant work experience may be considered.)
- You’ll need working knowledge of healthcare utilization reporting, claims, membership, provider data, and standard Healthcare metrics.
- Plus points for proficiency with at least one of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack tools: relational SQL engine, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and MS Excel PowerPivot.
- More plus points if you have working knowledge of Data Warehouse methodologies, including relational and dimensional modeling, SQL querying, data profiling, and ETL design and development.
- Skilled with computers and knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (i.e. Microsoft BI, Qlikview, Tableau); designing, reporting and delivering analytical solutions. This is a must, but you knew that.
- Experience with development of KPIs, dashboards and departmental scorecards, also a must.
- Ability to work both, independently and as an active member of a cross-functional team.
- Willingness to learn new technology (Willing?! It thrills you!)
- Able to communicate effectively (read, speak, write, dream, argue, gossip, spin a yarn, etc.) in English and Spanish.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Responsible/Accountable: You take responsibility, own up to what you say and what you do. When you commit, you are as good as your word.
- Analytical: You value the power of context & enjoy examining the past. You get the present by analyzing (sometimes over-analyzing) events leading up to it. This methodology is super helpful, but can provoke analysis-fatigue in those within earshot. Good thing you’re aware of this.
- Team player: You are detail-oriented to the Nth degree, but you also manage to see the big picture. An easy to relate to individual who gets a deep satisfaction from working hard with others to achieve any goal.
- Organized: You are strong in the Organization area, and you enjoy order. Disorder is like constant noise to you and you can’t stand it.
- Collaborator: You are on a relentless quest to find (or generate) harmony. Although working through conflict has its own rewards (and you know how to handle it) you prefer to seek areas of agreement. You understand that a good deal is when everyone walks away a little bit peeved.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give