Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. Performs installation, maintenance, upgrade, and improvements to the company’s IT operating environment. Should maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring of the operating environments, respond to incidents, problems and provide recommendations for areas of opportunity. Individuals in this job family are also responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the data centers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the design, installation, configuration, maintenance of server operating systems and perform testing of these systems, networks, cloud services, and related utilities and hardware.
- Support network operations, including circuit design, monitoring, problem diagnosis/repair, and traffic analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems as reported by users, supporting the data center infrastructure and maintaining a secure systems environment.
- Provide infrastructure solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Assisting with the installation and updating of software upgrades for server operating systems and maintaining computer operations, network and cloud service capabilities by utilizing a combination of internal resources as well as external vendors, as needed.
- Create, update and maintain the documentation of current and new systems, environments and cloud services.
Required professional experience & Professional Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in IT Operations or Computer Engineering field.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (read, speak, and write) in English and Spanish.
- Computer proficiency (Software and Hardware).
- Experience with Windows server 2012R2/2016.
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V or similar virtualization systems preferred.
- Experience with SAN technologies, iSCSI and FC.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or other related Cloud services.
- Technical knowledge of Networking services and systems (Fortinet, Cisco), Microsoft Active Directory and related technologies.
- Experience in IT automation tools like PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Customer service oriented, Critical and analytical thinking.
- Required to travel on a short notice for business continuity events.
Required education, training & Licensure/certifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field.
- Certificate of No Penal Record.
- HIPAA, both Security & Privacy; Confidentiality, & Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA)*
- Must be able to lift a minimum 10 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a large part of the work day.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access other employees, file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- An employee must be able to talk, hear, and see, and must be able to grasp objects.
- Visual acuity is necessary to read and write handwritten and typewritten materials and view a computer terminal.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer). Use of hands (specifically fingers) is necessary for appropriate and efficient computer use.
It is the policy of Abarca Health, LLC, its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Abarca”), to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition,. In addition to federal law requirements, Abarca complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Abarca expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Abarca’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.